Thursday, March 26, 2015

Won't haves

I want the world to be whole again.
I want things to be found on their
original places, glued to the ground
thanks to gravity, floating bodies
to be left for the outer space.

I want to raise a child to made-up
music and stories, to cloud watching
and sugar apple because life can turn
bitter, sweet memories aren't that
widespread these days.

I want January back, your invisible
hand on my chest, your laughter,
your heart, some rain. I want to
carry you home, and ease all of your
pain. I want to ease all the pain.

3 comments:

  1. I also want the world to be whole again... to bring children up in a caring environment.. It is increasingly difficult to live in a time when love and compassion seem to be missing from the very fabric of society. Such a deeply moving poem, Kenia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Kerry-- these are worthy objectives, certainly, well framed. K.

    ReplyDelete