Sunday, February 8, 2015

Kensi 'n' Tom - La vie dans mon ciel


Listen to the full EP by clicking here.


:: La vie dans mon ciel - TB

Spin around,
Round and round
The windmill of my mind.
Spin around the many sides of me.
A child with curiosity brimming,
The art of asking strong women
about the world, the weather, the whys.
The art of looking at the world with new eyes.



:: La vie dans mon ciel - KC

A yard,
for dogs and a tree I'll plant 
when you come into being, 
little one.
I'll watch you climb it up
and fall from it a few times,
dear sovereign to your own
kingdom,
before you have learned the distance
from the top to the ground
- this I cannot teach you.
But I will kiss your bruised knees,
and tell you about the persistency 
of clouds.


N.B.:

- TB lives Under the Toadstool and here. 
- These poems are shared with The Real Toads.
- Kensi 'n' Tom EP original photos and artwork by TB.

7 comments:

  1. Kenia, I just love your poem as a note to a child. There is not a wasted word, or thought that could be offered in more brilliant terms.

    Your collaborative efforts have produced art in word, picture and sound - Kudos to both artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerry, you know better than anyone else how much I'd like to be a mother. La vie dans mon ciel couldn't be any other than a child.

      Thank you muchly for such a lovely comment. <3

      Delete
  2. These are really just lovely--especially like the second--it really has a great sweetness about it, and wisdom. Fun too, but with an edge of poignancy due to the difficulties of growing up. Thanks, Kenia. (http://manicddaily.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful poems. I especially liked the end of the second one, "persistency of clouds"

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing how you have written the process of learning with such ease. To learn the distance from a tree-top to the ground is a familiarity that the child will learn with practice.

    I find it wonderful that you've imagined the child to be adventurous and a silent assurance of acceptance of the child's nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that persistency of clouds.. an image I prefer not to be in, but that speaks to me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're still my favourite.

    ReplyDelete