Friday, April 3, 2015

thankyouplease

Dear God
I heard we choose
our own pains,
let me not be
an extension of my errs,
I've always been careful enough
not to break anything.

I mend my fences,
close my eyes tight,
write my feelings out in full,
fuel an unusual courage.

Ask me again
what I wanted to be
when I grew up.
I wouldn't say lonely.



Both Fireblossom's NaPoWrimo prompt over at the Imaginary Garden and Cuyahoga County Public Library's were about music. Though being recently involved in a musical project, I couldn't be less musical, I suck at writing lyrics (Fireblossom's challenge) and my musical taste is quite peculiar. I've been listening to a lot of The Books lately, they make extraordinary, exotic music that is very calming to me and always returns me to my self. 

4 comments:

  1. I resonate with this plea - it is hard to make peace with the fact that, no matter how careful one may be, things break. *deep sigh*
    This is hopeful without losing the realism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow...that last stanza sorta pulled the breath from me. what an amazing write!

    just thought i'd throw it out there that we've compiled a NaPoWriMo challenge over at Pink.Girl.Ink. It's worth checking out! :)

    http://pinkgirlink.blogspot.com/2015/04/april-inspirational-almanac.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful--and poignant--and hopeful--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emotional and wonderfully written. Good luck with the Challenge!

    Visiting from Untethered Realms

    ReplyDelete