Monday, July 21, 2014

The incog silences of green

I trusted the incog silences of green
to tell the story of how our lives
were interwoven
much before this encounter.

There was nothing about it in the sky,
this which draws us close,
they weren't our names
written on the tree trunks.

Still I find you where the sky begins,
you find me where the chaos ends.
You see, there is a line of ants
that collects our pieces together

with the fallen leaves.
Whoever crosses a forest
carrying someone else's heart to a secure place
has the right to the sun in the clearing.


(The incog silences of green is the title of one of my photo projects that can be seen here)
(Shared with The Real Toads)

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/21/2014

    Thanks, we need medicine and mojo and words like this when so much so easily falls to pieces. A tip of the hat and a benedictory amen to the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great ending - love those last three lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The you and I, the us and our - apart and together - no one expresses this with such beauty as you. I love the title and will certainly be hopping over to your photo project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Still I find you where the sky begins,
    you find me where the chaos ends.
    You see, there is a line of ants
    that collects our pieces together

    with the fallen leaves." oh I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is delightful. Such fragility that proofs to be only veneer, for the "line of ants that" keeps them together is formed by living things that will never stop, things that know what they are all about.

    Really, really love this.

    From Behind, my Monday Open Link entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kenia... a lovely peice... so encouraging and heart felt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful (poem) and beautiful (photos). Though I am not an ant, I have earned this place in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very intriguing the images and the words. "I find you where the sky begins"… etc Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See? SEE? THIS is why I have been missing your poetry. This is a delight, what poetry ought to be. The sky, the ants, the deft ending. This is really really good, Kenia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7/23/2014

    cadence, craft - excellence. I always find something new to ponder when I visit here, Kenia ~

    ReplyDelete